The aim of our class is to help those learn how to sew your own garments. We hope to supply you with the skills and confidence to sew garments and other projects by the end of the class.
This sewing class is specifically structured to teach you how to sew garments using a commercial pattern of your choice. We teach the basics as well as more advanced sewing in this class. Our classes are very detailed and easy to follow with beginners in mind. You will learn how to understand your sewing machine and about different sewing feet that makes sewing easier, and also learn about tension on the sewing machine.
We teach you how to understand pattern terminology, constructing garments, how to obtain the made to measure fit and more advanced sewing skills.
After taking this class you should have enough knowledge to allow you to feel more confident when working on your machine. This sewing class is for anyone with a passion for sewing or would like to learn a new skill as a hobby.
This class includes:
What you will learn (but not restricted to)
- Understand Commercial Sewing Patterns and all the common terminology
- Choose the right fabric and trimmings for your project
- Mesuring your body to obtain the correct fit
- Cutting patterns to the correct size
- Layout Sewing Patterns onto fabric
- Thread a Sewing Machine and Bobbin
- Garment construction
Please bring along your own sewing machine, scissors, thread and any other favourite tools.
Please bring sewing patterns, fabric and trimmings prior to the start of the class (these can be purchased in store and one of our helpfull consultants can help you with any questions.)
- we recommend picking a pattern that is easy or for beginners.